This class is for beginners.
This class will focuses on teaching you how to “see” and then draw instead of drawing from memory or perceptions of what something should look like. Fundamental drawing techniques will be taught. Each class will have a short learning concept, technique or demonstration with plenty of time for you to work on your own drawings.
This class will teach you:
- Basic drawing concepts and terminology
- Shading, tone & value techniques for creating dimension and depth
- How to use textures and different types of marks
- Tips and tricks for making more accurate drawing
- The art of sketching
Materials List: (items in bold required)
- Drawing pad – 11 x 14 or larger
- Sketchbook – whatever size works for you, can be smaller
- Graphite pencils (6B, 4B, 2B, B, H, 2H)
- Pencil sharpener
- Kneaded eraser & Gum, vinyl or rubber eraser
- Drawing board (optional) — Should be larger than you drawing pad paper size. Our recommendation is the Jack Richeson Ultra light Aluminum Edge Drawing board from Amazon.com for about $30.00.
- Folding Easel (optional) – make sure it is large enough to hold your pad or drawing board.
A pdf of the supplies needed will also be sent to you after registration with suggestions on brands and where to get them.