Paint a Beautiful Bridal Bouquet in Watercolor
See below video for materials and preparation before watching.
To view this paint along video, please sign up or login.
Video length: 1:33:32
Materials you will need before watching this video:
- Medium size watercolor block or pad – Cold Press (Arches – 10×14 or smaller) 140 lb.
- Soft natural sponge and cellulose kitchen sponge for controlling the amount of water on your brushes
- #2 or #3 Pencil
- Kneaded eraser
- 2 large plastic containers for water – 16 oz. containers
- Large flat brush – 1 inch or greater (nylon)
- Round watercolor brushes – Numbers – 8, 10, 12, 14 (Richeson’s Series 9000, Da Vinci and Robert Simmons are all good brushes – good quality & affordable. Brushes usually come in even numbers.)
- Small stiff bristle brush – you will find these with the acrylic and oil brushes (will be used for scrubbing, lifting and correcting)
- Watercolor Palette – large plastic palette, with large enough wells to mix pools of paint, a cover is nice
- Old toothbrush, Paper towels, Tissues (Kleenex, Puffs, etc.)
- Paint colors: Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Alizarin Cadmium Yellow, Crimson, Hooker’s Green Deep, Sap Green, Paynes Gray, Cadmium Red Medium, Cobalt Blue, Ultramarine Blue or Pthalo Blue, Sepia, Burnt Sienna
- Tape down your paper if not using a gummed pad
- Create light pencil sketch