Art Classes & Workshops
NOTE: Dates shown are the date of the first class meeting. Classes & workshops may multiple meetings days and times, see class description for details.
We recommend completing Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 before taking any other watercolor course. This will help you learn and practice the fundamentals techniques. If Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 are not currently offered, we can do private instruction.
Watercolor Basics 1
Feb 9 @ 10:00 am-11:30 pm| $85
This session is for beginning watercolor student or those who are returning to watercolor and want a refresher.
Classes will focus on helping students:
- Learn paint/water ratios
- Practice mixing colors, washes and blends
- Introduction to basic color theory
- Learn about watercolor brushes, paint & paper quality, paper and other tools
Classes recorded to watch later. Each week students will be given an “assignment” or a painting project to do on their own to help reinforce and build their skills.
Instructor will provide “office hours” that students can schedule a 30-minute one-on-one session to ask questions, review progress, and get feedback.
No of classes: 4
Class Dates: Feb 9, 16, 23, Mar 2
Live classes: 1 hr online
Instructor: Roberta K
For information on materials, download the the Watercolor Supplies handout.
Recommended Materials List:
- Medium size watercolor block or pad – Cold Press 140 lb. 100% cotton
- Paper towels or soft cotton towel
- Kneaded eraser
- 2 large plastic containers for water – 16 oz. containers
- Flat brush – 3/4″ (nylon)
- Round watercolor brushes – #4, #8, #12
- Watercolor Palette or large flat plate – large plastic palette, with large enough wells to mix pools of paint
- Roll of blue painter’s tape (optional to tape down paper)
Watercolor Paint: (Recommend Artist Grade paint which has more pigment but is more expensive; Student Grade paint is less expensive and is also acceptable if price is an issue)
- Lemon Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Red Medium
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cobalt Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Hooker’s Green Deep or Deep Sap Green
- Sap Green
- Yellow Ochre or Raw sienna
- Burnt Sienna
- Paynes Gray