Art Classes & Workshops
NOTE: Dates shown are the date of the first class meeting. Classes & workshops may multiple meetings days and times, see class description for details.
We recommend completing Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 before taking any other watercolor course. This will help you learn and practice the fundamentals techniques. If Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 are not currently offered, we can do private instruction.
Watercolor 4 – Florals (CLOSED)
Jan 14 @ 6:00 pm-7:00 pm| $80
This watercolor class is all about florals and nature images. We will paint both realistic and loose florals focusing on composition and technique. We may experiment with adding texture and natural marks with twigs, etc.
Students must have watercolor experience or have completed Watercolor Basic I & II.
Instructor will provide “office hours” that students can schedule a one-on-one session to ask questions, review progress, and get feedback.
No of classes in session: 4
Dates: Jan 14, 21, 28 Mar 4
Live classes: 1 hour online
Instructor: Roberta K
Recommended Materials List:
- Medium size watercolor block or pad – Cold Press (Arches – 10×14 or smaller) 140 lb.
- Soft natural sponge and cellulose kitchen sponge for controlling the amount of water on your brushes
- #2 or #3 Pencil
- Kneaded eraser
- 2 large plastic containers for water – 16 oz. containers
- Large flat brush – 1 inch or greater (nylon)
- Round watercolor brushes – Numbers – 8, 10, 12, 14
- Small stiff bristle brush (for scrubbing, lifting and correcting)
- Watercolor Palette
- Paper towels, Tissues (Kleenex, Puffs, etc.)
- Roll of blue painter’s tape
- Masking Fluid
- Palette Knife
Watercolor Paints: (bold indicates new suggested colors from the Basics 1 & 2 list)
- Lemon Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow
- Orange (select one you like)
- Cadmium Red Medium
- Alizarin Crimson
- Opera Rose, Permanent Rose or Thalo Pink
- Cobalt Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Ultramarine Blue or Pthalo Blue
- Hooker’s Green Deep
- Green Apatite Green (Daniel Smith)
- Green Gold
- Violet (select one you like)
- Deep Sap Green
- Sap Green
- Yellow Ochre or Raw sienna
- Burnt Sienna
- Paynes Gray
- White gouache or white watercolor ink