Art Classes & Workshops
NOTE: Dates shown are the date of the first class meeting. Classes & workshops may multiple meetings days and times, see class description for details.
We recommend completing Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 before taking any other watercolor course. This will help you learn and practice the fundamentals techniques. If Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 are not currently offered, we can do private instruction.
Watercolor 2 – Landscapes (online)
Aug 5 @ 11:30 am-12:30 pm| $85
This watercolor session is all about landscapes. Classes will consist of exercises focusing on landscapes and landscape elements: skies, clouds, tress, rocks.
Classes are recorded to watch later. Each week students will be given an “assignment” or a painting project to do on their own to help reinforce and build their skills.
No of classes: 4
Class Dates: Thursdays, Aug 5, 12, 19, 26
Live classes: 1 hr online
Instructor: Roberta K
For information on materials, download the the Watercolor Supplies handout.
Recommended Materials List:
- Medium size watercolor block or pad – Cold Press (Arches – 10×14 or smaller) 140 lb.
- Soft natural sponge and cellulose kitchen sponge for controlling the amount of water on your brushes
- #2 or #3 Pencil
- Kneaded eraser
- 2 large plastic containers for water – 16 oz. containers
- #4, #8 round brush
- 3/4” flat or 1″ wash brush
- Small stiff bristle brush – you will find these with the acrylic and oil brushes (will be used for scrubbing, lifting and correcting)
- Watercolor Palette – large plastic palette, with large enough wells to mix pools of paint
- Paper towels, Tissues (Kleenex, Puffs, etc.)
- Roll of blue painter’s tape
- Masking Fluid (optional)
Watercolor Paint: (Recommend Artist Grade paint which has more pigment but is more expensive; Student Grade paint is less expensive and is also acceptable if price is an issue)
- Cool Yellow (Pick 1): Hansa Yellow Light, Aureole (Cobalt Yellow), Azo
- Warm Yellow (Pick 1): Cadmium Yellow Medium, Yellow Ochre
- Warm Red (Pick 1): Cadmium Red, Vermillion
- Cool Red: Alizarin Crimson
- Blues: Cerulean, Cobalt
- 2 earth tones (raw sienna, burnt sienna)
- Payne’s gray