Art Classes & Workshops
NOTE: Dates shown are the date of the first class meeting. Classes & workshops may multiple meetings days and times, see class description for details.
We recommend completing Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 before taking any other watercolor course. This will help you learn and practice the fundamentals techniques. If Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 are not currently offered, we can do private instruction.
Jan 30 @ 10:30 am-11:30 am| $80
Whether you are new to painting or already painting, this class is open to all.
If you are new to painting, we will cover:
- Basic art concepts such as: value, composition, balance, perspective, form
- A better understanding of painting techniques
- Exploring different types of marks and painting styles
- Color theory and mixing paint
Beginning students will be given an “assignment” to do on their own to help reinforce and build their skills.
If you are experienced or have taken painting previously, you can get support with paintings in process or work through painting from reference materials supplied in class.
It is strongly recommended that you have basic drawing skills or have taken a drawing class prior to painting, but it is not required.
Instructor will provide “office hours” that students can schedule a one-on-one session to ask questions, review progress, and get feedback.
No of classes: 4
Class Dates: Jan 30, Feb 6, 13, 20
Live classes: 1 hr online
Instructor: Roberta K
- Set of basic acrylic paints (Professional grade if possible)*
- Round (small and larger), flat, filbert brushes (make sure they are for acrylic paint)
- Pad of canvas sheets (9″ x12″ for exercises)
- Palette, flat plate or shallow plastic pan for mixing paints
- Two containers for water
- Paper towels or old rags
- Plastic wrap (to cover paint)
- Palette Knife
- Optional – Table top easel
- White: Titanium White
- Black: Mars Black, Paynes Gray
- Red: Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Light
- Yellow: Cad Yellow Medium
- Blue: Ultramarine Blue, Phthalocyanine Blue
- Orange: Pyrrole Orange or Cadmium Orange
- Green: Permanent Green, Sap green
- Violet: Dioxazine Purple
- Burnt Umber
*At a minimum of the primary: Red, Yellow, Blue, Black, White.