Art Classes & Workshops
NOTE: Dates shown are the date of the first class meeting. Classes & workshops may multiple meetings days and times, see class description for details.
We recommend completing Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 before taking any other watercolor course. This will help you learn and practice the fundamentals techniques. If Watercolor Basics 1 & 2 are not currently offered, we can do private instruction.
Abstract & Loose Watercolor
Jan 30 @ 9:00 am-10:15 pm| $85
This class is geared for those who want to explore a more loose or abstract style. We will practice wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques. We will also experiment with other mediums that can be mixed or used with watercolor for different effects, mark making and textures.
Besides basic technique, this class will focus on:
- Creating a balanced composition, even with abstract
- A better understanding of painting mediums and options
- Exploring different types of marks and painting styles
Instructor will provide “office hours” that students can schedule a one-on-one session to ask questions, review progress, and get feedback.
No of classes in session: 4
Dates: Jan 30, Feb 6, 13, 20
Live classes: 1 hr, 15 min online
Instructor: Roberta K
Recommended Materials List:
- Watercolor block or pad – Cold Press or Hot Press (140 lb. min)
- Watercolor paints: Professional grade paints strongly recommended
- Kneaded eraser
- 2 large plastic containers for water
- Large flat brush – 1 inch or greater (nylon)
- Round watercolor brushes – various sizes
- Mop or large round brush
- Dagger or Sword brush (Optional)
- Watercolor Palette
- Paper towels, Tissues
- Old bath towel (for putting under painting when doing lots of water)
- Roll of blue painter’s tape
- Masking Fluid
- Granulation Medium
- Old plastic credit or store cards
- Palette Knife
- Wax resist crayons
- Watercolor or acrylic inks: Select whatever colors you like. Recommend at least three colors and white.